A highly practical, tailored programme providing sales professionals with the essential negotiating skills and behaviours required to conﬁdently execute proﬁtable negotiations based upon mutual beneﬁt.
Providing a flexible framework for successful negotiation skills, attendees will discover the tactics and techniques practiced from a buying perspective and explore the merits of advanced questioning to identify the explicit needs and drivers underlying the decision-making criteria.
Focusing on how to prioritise concessions and their trade value, attendees will also learn how to resolve stalemates and respond in a professional, credible manner order to achieve the most profitable ‘win:win’ outcomes for all concerned.
Key Areas of the Programme
Courses tailored for those with a fundamental understanding of the latest negotiation techniques through to more seasoned negotiators looking to refresh and enhance their current approach.
Whilst we design and tailor every programme to match your specific organisational and business needs, your bespoke negotiation training programme may focus on:
- Establishing what negotiation really means
- Understanding your and other negotiation styles
- The traits of a successful negotiator
- Working with the negotiation process
- Establishing the best and worst-case outcomes
- Exploring all options in effective negotiations
Identifying the parameters of a negotiation
Assessing the balance of power and establishing the power position
- Reading visual responses and using silence
- Clarifying the implicit versus explicit situation and moving forward
- Preempting potential stalemates and positional bargaining – trading, not conceding
- Dealing with difficult situations and standoffs
- Recognising your bottom line
- Negotiating for now, not for later
Drawbacks and tactics played by professional buyers
- Securing the way forward to gain commitment